Let me wish you a warm welcome to Honsbridge, a British curriculum academy for students in Malaysia. Our goal at Honsbridge is a simple one – to offer all our Students the best possible preparation for their future educational careers.
The Honsbridge IGCSE/O Level Programme is designed for students who believe in choosing their own subjects; in building a strong foundation in their command of English to excel in their academic progression; to enable the students to achieve the high grades that they truly deserve; and last but not the least students have the option to sit their examination in June or Nov.
For a very long time, the Education Ministry of Malaysia has recognised the importance of English language in higher education. Hence, the UPSR and SPM examinations have now included English as the written scripts in Maths and Science examinations. This is a fine example of meeting the changing needs of students today.
GCSE, IGCSE and GCE O Level/Cambridge International O Level are UK qualifications equivalent to SPM qualifications. For further information on these qualifications, please look it up on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCSE .These courses are taught in the English language as such the examinations use the English scripts only. We can consider GCSE, IGCSE and GCE O level as very valuable qualifications, because they are recognised worldwide as the basic admission requirement to higher education.
As part of my continuous quest for learning, my education and career pathways have taken me abroad besides my home, Malaysia. Therefore, I can share with you the various providers of these valuable educations.
- In UK, GCSE is available with several examination boards. e.g. Edexcel, OCR and AQA.
- In Singapore secondary schools, private schools and tuition centres, GCE O level is available with Cambridge International Examination (CIE) board.
- In Malaysia international schools e.g. Garden International School, Alice Smith International School and several others, IGCSE and GCE O level are available with CIE board or Edexcel.
In Malaysia, the majority of students follow the national education curriculum, leading to higher education. There are some students whose parents can afford the very high school fees and living expenses at the above mentioned schools, these students shall follow the international education curriculum. I am one of many who have studied GCE O levels in Singapore, Cedar Girls’ Secondary School. When I look back, I always thank my parents who have provided me an education that has improved my life learning skills.
Our students benefit not only from outstanding academic programme, but also from a nurturing environment which gives them the time and space to develop as individuals and to prepare themselves for the challenges ahead.
Our motto “Building Bridges, Exceeding Expectations” illustrates the Honsbridge ethos and our desire to equip our students with the skills they need to be successful in whatever they choose to do.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your child to Honsbridge in the future. If you have questions or would like to visit Honsbridge, please contact our team.
Mrs Emma Furze
Head of Honsbridge (2008 to present)
Honsbridge is a thriving private academy located in Dataran Sunway, Petaling Jaya. Ever since being established in 2008 we have had an outstanding record of success from our students. This is demonstrated by the many graduates whose academic progression saw success and took them to places abroad.
We provide an academically challenging environment in which all our students can achieve their full potential. Our students are treated as young adults therefore they are expected to adopt a mature and responsible attitude towards their studies. To help influence this attitude and maximise student achievement we have approachable tutors, small classes and course specific notes.
During their time at Honsbridge, students develop time-management skills along with sophisticated learning and study techniques. Our programme of weekly homework and exam-focused classes rapidly improves self-confidence. Each student is carefully monitored and difficulties are rapidly and sympathetically addressed through our academic and pastoral support.
We are committed to helping each student to achieve the very best academic standards. This is done through rigorous yet informal teaching, frequent tests with in-depth feedback by our expert tutors.
Great care is taken in the selection of our tutors; prerequisites include passion for teaching and expertise in their subject, along with first-class communication skills. Honsbridge tutors are driven by successful exam results and are fully conversant with the requirements of the subject specifications.
Our students tell us that their time at Honsbridge was hard but was also the most rewarding experience that they have spent in secondary education.
Honsbridge has an educational initiative to help both local and international students who want to obtain a qualification alternative to SPM. We aspire to provide quality and affordable IGCSE/O levels tuition to students who meet the basic requirements.
To help you choose a successful higher education, we provide all higher education placement counselling and assistance in scholarship applications.
Sunway Giza & Sunway Nexis
- Two premier shopping centre’s rife with spots for leisure and entertainment and other shops that offer numerous consumer goods and services.
Food & Beverages
- Students will find that there’s a wide range of restaurants located near the academy. Parents can enjoy a quick hot coffee from Starbucks or senior students can enjoy afterschool foos such as Malay, Indian, Chinese and Western cuisine. Parents can even finish up some errands near by at Giza which as a large grocery store including a bakery at the back!
- 7-eleven, 99 Speedmart, Watson and others
Central Park Dataran Sunway
- This commercial complex consists of an integrated sports centre (badminton and futsal courts), A food court (out front from the building), and plenty of parking inside!
All major banks
- Maybank, HSBC, Alliance, RHB, Public, UOB, OCBC, CIMB, Standard Chartered, Ambank and Hong Leong
- De Jaya Hotel, Tune Hotel, 9 Square Hotel, Bukit Bintang Royale Damansara Hotel and sovotel i-Hotel