Upper Secondary Programme
Honsbridge provides the perfect Cambridge O Level/ IGCSE teaching methods for boys and girls, aged 12-17, looking to prepare for higher education in Malaysia and overseas. The programme combines high quality tuition (in english) with subject teaching and is designed for students heading towards their Cambridge O Level’s or IGCSE Exams in 1.5 years to 4 years,. The programme helps to build a solid foundation in many subjects (e.g English, Mathematics and Science)familiarising students with the environment and syllabus that will be on their exams in Cambridge IGCSE/O-Level exams in May/ June or October/ November annually.
- Face to face online learning between teachers and students in the virtual classrooms. *Worksheets and homework are submitted online for two way feedback.
- High standard of discipline and appropriate etiquettes are exercised in the virtual classrooms.
- E- Learning classes are held according to timetable from 8am to 2.15pm from Mon through Thu and from 8am to 12.00pm on Fri.
- Special ECA classes are also held online after school for students to continue enjoying their ECA classes.
YEAR 10 to YEAR 11 (Age 14 to 17)
SYLLABUS: Cambridge O Level/ IGCSE (Year 10 to Year 11)
DURATION: 2 years or less* / 3 to 4 terms
SUBJECTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Honsbridge Upper Secondary tuition programme is designed to prepare students for IGCSE/ O Level examinations in five or more subjects, including English and Mathematics, leading to their Cambridge IGCSE/ O Level exams within three to four terms (1.5 years to 2 years).
21 consecutive batches of graduates with outstanding results across 10 subjects.
Strong testimonials and recommendation from parents and graduates since 2009.
Upper Secondary (Year 10 & Year 11) Fact Sheet
YEAR 10 Subjects’ Options
|CORE SUBJECTS||English | Mathematics | Chemistry | Physics | Biology | ICT | Maths / Business Studies|
|ELECTIVES (Choose Up To 3)||Mandarin | Bahasa Melayu|
Test & Assessment
Throughout the term, students will be assessed via pop quizzes, group projects, written assignments, presentations, mid-term test and end-term test. A Parent-Teacher Meeting & Progress feedback will be held every term.
There will be small group holiday revision classes (max. six per group) arranged during the school holidays. Parents will be updated via email on the timetable & pre-confirmation is required. A nominal fee is charged for the classes.
Multi-Disciplinary Enrichment Programme
On a weekly basis, there are at least 2 hours of contact time which is aimed to build an individual’s confidence, critical thinking skills and self-esteem through various personal & teamwork development activities (E.g. Physical Education for more than 10 games, Debate & Public Speaking, Singing & Choir, Musical instrument appreciation, Career Bazaar Workshop & Project Presentation, Business & Entrepreneur Workshop, Cupcake Making and Mixed Martial Arts e.t.c)
Year 10 & Year 11
- 8.00am to 2.15pm (Monday to Thursday)
- 8.00am to 12.00pm (Friday)
The timetable provided herein is as a reference only and is subject to changes. Please contact the counsellor for the latest update.
- Laboratories equipped for Chemistry, Physics and Biology experiments
- Well equipped classrooms for projectors and use of white boards
- Music Enrichment Classroom equipped with a variety of musical instruments.
- Sports Centre e.g. Badminton courts and Futsal courts.
- Multi-purpose hall e.g. ballroom dancing and function
- Classes from Monday through Friday
- 15 to 21 hours of Academic teaching weekly
- 2 hours of Multi-disciplinary Enrichment Programme weekly that aims to build confidence, critical thinking skills and self-esteem through various personal & teamwork development activities
(Eg. Physical Education, Debate & Public Speaking, Singing & Choir, Information Age Workshop & Teamwork, Business & Entrepreneurship etc)
- 2 to 4 hours of “Prep Time” weekly
(Supervision of homework & preparation for next week’s lessons
- Enhanced learning time due to small class size e.g. between 3 students and 20 students to 1 teacher.
School Events & Educational Trips
Brewary Biology Tour, Soap Making Chemistry Tour, College campus visitation, Speech Day, Sports Day, Motivational & Study Skills Workshop, Drug Awareness Workshop and Talent Day. Further events and school activities organised included festive celebrations such as Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Deepavali, Easter Celebration & End term party, Mid-term tree planting, Honsween & End term party, Christmas bash & End term party for our teachers, students and parents.
Application Procedure (New Student)
To register, please bring along:
- Completed Honsbridge Application form
- Registration fee of RM600
- A photocopy of Birth Certificate / Identification Card (IC) / Passport
(front page & visa page for non-Malaysians only)
- 3 pieces passport-size photographs
- Current & previous academic results / school report card
(minimum from last two years)