Lower Secondary Programme
Honsbridge provides the perfect Cambridge O Level/ IGCSE foundation for boys and girls, aged 11-17, seeking to prepare for secondary or higher education in Malaysia and overseas. The programme combines high quality language tuition with subject teaching and is designed for students leading to their Cambridge O Level or IGCSE exams in 2 years to 3 years.If results greater than or equal to 80% for English, Mathematics and Science, student can be promoted from Year 8 to Year 10. It consists of buiding a firm foundation in English, Mathematics and Science followed by an exam-oriented study pathway leading to Cambridge IGCSE/ O Level examinations in May/ June or October/ November annually.
YEAR 7 to YEAR 9 (Age 12 to 14)
Test & Assessment
Throughout the term, students will be assessed via pop quizzes, group projects, written assignments, presentations, mid-term test and end-term test. A Parent-Teacher Meeting & Progress feedback will be held every term.
There will be small group holiday revision classes (max. six per group) arranged during the school holidays. Parents will be updated via email on the timetable & pre-confirmation is required. A nominal fee is charged for the classes.
Multi-Diciplinary Enrichment Programme
On a weekly basis, there are at least 2 hours of contact time which is aimed to build an individual’s confidence, critical thinking skills and self-esteem through various personal & teamwork development activities (E.g. Physical Education for more than 10 games, Debate & Public Speaking, Singing & Choir, Musical instrument appreciation, Career Bazaar Workshop & Project Presentation, Business & Entrepreneur Workshop, Cupcake Making and Mixed Martial Arts e.t.c)
- Face to face online learning between teachers and students in the virtual classrooms. *Worksheets and homework are submitted online for two way feedback.
- High standard of discipline and appropriate etiquettes are exercised in the virtual classrooms.
- E- Learning classes are held according to timetable from 8am to 2.15pm from Mon through Thu and from 8am to 12.00pm on Fri.
- Special ECA classes are also held online after school for students to continue enjoying their ECA classes.
Year 10 & Year 11
- 8.00am to 3.15pm (Monday to Thursday)
- 8.00am to 12.00pm (Friday)
The timetable provided herein is as a reference only and is subject to changes. Please contact the counsellor for the latest update.
- Laboratories equipped for Chemistry, Physics and Biology experiments
- Well equipped classrooms for projectors and use of white boards
- Music Enrichment Classroom equipped with a variety of musical instruments.
- Sports Centre e.g. Badminton courts and Futsal courts.
- Multi-purpose hall e.g. ballroom dancing and function
- Classes from Monday through Friday
- 15 to 21 hours of Academic teaching weekly
- 2 hours of Multi-disciplinary Enrichment Programme weekly that aims to build confidence, critical thinking skills and self-esteem through various personal & teamwork development activities
(Eg. Physical Education, Debate & Public Speaking, Singing & Choir, Information Age Workshop & Teamwork, Business & Entrepreneurship etc)
- 2 to 4 hours of “Prep Time” weekly
(Supervision of homework & preparation for next week’s lessons
- Enhanced learning time due to small class size e.g. between 3 students and 20 students to 1 teacher.
School Events & Educational Tips
Brewary Biology Tour, Soap Making Chemistry Tour, College campus visitation, Speech Day, Sports Day, Motivational & Study Skills Workshop, Drug Awareness Workshop and Talent Day. Further events and school activities organised included festive celebrations such as Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Deepavali, Easter Celebration & End term party, Mid-term tree planting, Honsween & End term party, Christmas bash & End term party for our teachers, students and parents.
Application Procedure (New Student)
Consecutive 10 graduate batches of Year 9 students who have successfully promoted to Year 10 studies. They have studied on and graduated with strong O Level/ IGCSE results.
To register, please bring along:
- Completed Honsbridge Application form
- Registration fee of RM600
- A photocopy of Birth Certificate / Identification Card (IC) / Passport (front page & visa page for non-Malaysians only)
- 3 pieces passport-size photographs
- Current & previous academic results / school report card
(minimum from last two years)
|SYLLABUS||Cambridge Year 9 Checkpoint|
|ENTRY LEVEL||Year 7|
|DURATION||2 years (4 terms) for Express stream (ES)|
|INTAKE||Jan / Oct|
|SUBJECTS AVAILABLE||English | Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | English Literature | ICT | Bahasa Melayu | Mandarin|
14 consecutive batches of Year 9 graduates were successfully promoted to their Year 10 studies. They then went on to graduate with strong IGCSE/O-Level results.