All of us should learn how to respect every individual regardless of age, caste, creed, religion, ethnicity, faith, and also a difference of standpoint.
Here are some of the things to remember :
- Respect is to treat others kindly without criticizing.
- Respect is to listen, attend and treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Respect is necessary to live in peace and harmony with our friends, family and neighbours.
- We respect ourselves when we take care of our bodies and our health.
- Having respect for ourselves is not letting anybody make fun of us for what we are or what we do.
- Feeling respect for ourselves helps us to do what is right even if other people tell us to go the wrong way.
- We should listen to others without judging them.
- We have to learn that we have the same rights, even if we are different.
- We need to respect our teachers in the classroom by listening to them when they are speaking.
- We also need to greet our teachers in and outside of the classroom.
Remember it is important to learn to respect our friends and not laugh at how they look, what they like or their culture.